For our 10-Year Anniversary, we celebrated by creating special grant opportunities for young people.
We awarded 13 scholarships to young nonprofit professionals in Middle Tennessee to pursue professional development at the Center for Nonprofit Management. The scholarship recipients were:
- Ameshica Linsey, East Nashville Hope Exchange
- Chelsea Cahill, Book ‘Em
- Dan Fitzgerald, Harpeth Conservancy
- Diarese George, Tennessee Educators of Color Alliance
- Janelle Wommer, Operation Andrew Group
- JC Torres, Conexion Americas
- Jessica Holman, Harvest Hands
- Jomilla Newsom, Tennessee Environmental Council
- Katie Kuhl, Crossroads Campus
- Lacey Lane, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Foundation
- Laura Herrell, Martha O’Bryan Center
- Nicholas Weaver, 100 Black Men
- Violet Gau, Big Brothers Big Sisters & Monroe Harding
These young nonprofit professionals will be able to use these scholarships on CNM’s workshops and certificate programs.
We also made three $10,000 grants for nonprofit organizations to create fellowship positions that gave young people the chance to be meaningfully engaged in nonprofit work. Three organizations were selected: 100 Black Men, FiftyForward, and Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition (TIRRC).
We thank everyone that submitted application to both these opportunities. We will continue to think critically about to support our emerging nonprofit leaders.